Oklahoma State University recently competitively bid and awarded contracts to seven vendors who now have exclusive rights to provide promotional items to the OSU System. The competitive RFP was issued with the goal of improving efficiency, customer service, brand consistency and budget relief while maintaining the high quality and diverse product selection to which the University is accustomed.
Promotional products are items imprinted with the University’s name, registered or common law trademarks, service marks or other indicia used to strive for continuity and consistency of the OSU brand. Items include, but are not limited to:
- Bags - totes, drawstrings, backpacks, coolers, gifts, paper, plastic, travel
- Drink ware – acrylic cups, beverage holders, mugs, glassware, plastic cups, disposable cups, water bottles, sport bottles, travel mugs, insulated caps, coasters
- Tradeshow/Signage – table covers, tabletop displays, floor displays, banners, flags, signs, lanyards, badges, ID holders
- Wellness/Safety – hand sanitizers, first aid, lip balm, sunscreen, pedometers, buttons
- Writing – pens, pencils, stylus pens, highlighters, markers, padfolios, binders, clipboards, sticky notes, journals
- Outdoor/Leisure – umbrellas, blankets, hand fans, sunglasses, towels, noisemakers, stadium cushions
- Auto/Home – ice scrapers, key tags, key lights, food containers, kitchenware, flashlights, tools, tape measures, magnets, stickers, decals, desk accessories, business card holders, calculators, rulers, stress relievers, books, bookmarks, clocks, watches, picture frames
- Misc. – balloons, art items, USB flash drives, mouse pads, tech accessories, magnets, stickers, decals
Any order exceeding $25,000 requires three competitive quotes from the contracted promotional vendors. Items under $25,000 do not require more than one quote and may only be sourced through contracted vendors.
Apparel and headwear categories are NOT included in the new contract awards for promotional products. University employees are still allowed to order from those vendors currently licensed and holding rights in these categories. Anything over $5,000 must have multiple quotes and quotes uploaded to the OK Corral.
The new exclusive contracts for promotional products are effective September 1, 2016.